Monday, April 30, 2012

Industry is not going to wait, "in my opinion"!


March 30,2012     (this letter will be e-mail only, too many links)

Honorable United States President Barack Obama
The White House
Washington, D.C. 20500


Re: reduction or eradication of Hospital Associated Infections (H.A.I.) in our Veterans Hospitals.

Honorable President Barack Obama,

Please allow me to thank you for your interest and patience as I develop my advocacy for the reduction or elimination of H.A.I. in our Veteran’s hospitals. As you are aware, to improve the consistency of patient safety in our Veteran’s Hospitals best practices in the States need to be developed. Currently I am advocating the California State Senate Health committee to consider the feasibility of developing a rating system that would allow a medical facility to register as a “V.A.P.” free facility, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has recognized a facility in Daily City, CA, for not having an occurrence of V.A.P. (ventilator associated pneumonia) in four years. Coming from the other side of the “isle”, this article is from the Huffington Post,




 Here is the one from the L.A. Times,






Perhaps it is just my observation but it looks a lot like the private sector is moving forward but to insure a consistent, sustainable bar of V.A.P. of even H.A.I. free medical facilities your support would be critical. As I have said in the past, there is no need for an Apollo style national mobilization, an H.A.I. free facility will be more efficient according to all of the data that I have seen! The cure is washing of the hands and following written instructions and that is about it in my opinion!



If we can improve the quality of care, that will translate into lower cost," Anthem President Pam Kehaly said. "These are real dollars."



Personally, I am doing my best to “help those who help others”, as clumsy as my advocacy may seem, our Veterans deserve the best!  Any support your office can give to the California State Senate Health Committee concerning  a rating system that consumers can understand concerning these “V.A.P. Free” medical facilities  would go a long way toward safer and more efficient health care, the consumer should drive the process in my opinion!
The more my advocacy develops the more trouble I am having understanding why H.A.I.s are even in our medical system let alone why it is costing tax payers billions of dollars and killing tens of thousands annually!





Respectfully,


Michael H. Slavinski




cc: All those who care!

No comments:

Post a Comment