Monday, October 7, 2013

Targets Up(draft)


Dear Ms. Hansten,

Once again, thank you so much for directing my advocacy for the prevention of Healthcare Associated infection(HAI) to the good work of the Washington State Hospital Association(WSHA) concerning patient safety.


 While still digesting what the program is and yes, so far I am really impressed by many aspects of the presentation, I would like to exploit the opportunity to ask the California Department of Public Health(CDPH) to at least offer a link to the good work of the WSHA concerning patient safety. In this case my advocacy would start in Governor Browns office with an emphasis on improved patient safety and healthcare efficiencies, emphasized in his “Let’s Get Healthy California” taskforce:


 Your offer of contact information for experts in the program perhaps  would be a big help for little do I know about healthcare and as far as the CDPH goes, on its own it is a substantial entity but where it is housed and the public, private and philanthropic organizations surrounding it, well, Darth Vader on his best day could not build something that massive, it is going to take me a few years to even understand how it functions. All this to help out a few old jarheads.

 Once again, thank you for your valuable time and all that you do concerning patient safety, I really appreciate it! Healthcare has to change, all of these great programs, most redundant, in my opinion, are nowhere near their potential, standardize the “known” and commit more resources to pushing past the known, at least that is my opinion.

Best regards,

Michael H. Slavinski

No comments:

Post a Comment