Sunday, December 8, 2013

Another parade, aviation safety and Hospital Associated Infections!


Jorge Palacios                                                                                   December 8, 2013

California Department of Public Health (CDPH-CHCQ-HAI)

Re: Prevention of Healthcare Associated Infections(HAI)

 

Dear Mr. Palacios,

 

Once again please allow me to thank you and your staff at  the California Department of Public Health for all that you do concerning patient safety, I really appreciated it.

 Below is a comment I made today on Linked-in site put up by the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ). Linked-in  provides a closed discussion group that I routinely introduce my thoughts for my advocacy for the prevention of HAI in our Veteran’s Hospitals.

 There seems to be no proven path for my advocacy and I appreciate the opportunity provided by the California Department of Public Health and all of those in healthcare that I challenge on a daily basis to find one.

Once again, thank you and all of the staff at the California Department of Public Health for all that you do for those in need in the Great State of California!

Best regards,

Michael H. Slavinski             

 

“Lessons from Aviation safety that apply despite differences in Healthcare”

 

OK, a call to action, from a successful organization I belonged to, it was in the aviation field but we were pretty much cannibals, it was the only way those planes would fly, “budgetary problems”!

 “Knowledge is king”, that was part of boot camp, here is the article that launched my advocacy for the prevention of  Healthcare Associated Infections(HAI) in our Veteran’s hospitals. The positive nature of the article caught my attention, the cost saving , low tech process improvements and inspirational comments from the stake holders inspired me to send a copy to the POTUS(Commander in Chief).


 

Here is something I am looking into now from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses(AACCN)


Hard fought battle, not even close, Pam Kehaly, President Anthem Blue Cross, and her staff, the “hai-five”, had my wife and I down for lunch and the Commander in Chief sent me some cool swag.

 My advice, stay positive and a comment I stole from  Ms. Kehaly’s statement to the six or seven thousand nurses that work for her at Anthem Blue Cross  here in California, “have fun”!

Ps profound knowledge gained from my advocacy,

The V.A. only answers to the commander in Chief.

The only way for my advocacy to help the Vets is to prevent HAI worldwide, no problem! We ask of the VA to do far too much with far too little in my opinion.

Where does do all of these cost and life saving strategies go to be monitored and continuously improved (please support the “Database of Best Practices for the Prevention of HAI” currently housed at the California Department of Public Health. Jorge.Palacios@cdph.ca.gov

Never write when your team is losing and per Deming, “no one comes to work wanting to do a bad job”!

 
Vista, CA 2013 Christmas parade--
  The happy crowd including the wife, windy, 50deg, pouring rain, in front of Battery World!

 
These kids are freezing!



Guess who!
 
Veterans
 
Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment