Sunday, April 6, 2014

"Me and my Family" & the Prevention of Healthcare Associated Infections!


Jorge Palacios                                                                                     March 6, 2014

California Department of Public Health (CDPH-CHCQ-HAI)

Re: “Me and My Family” & the Prevention of Healthcare Associated Infections!

Dear Mr. Palacios,

Once again please allow me to thank you and your staff at the California Department of Public Health for all that you do concerning patient safety, I really appreciated it.

 The recent upgraded version of the California Department of Public Health’s Healthcare Associated Infection Prevention website will, in my opinion,  save not only thousands of lives here in California but millions of lives, annually, worldwide and due to the fact that the entire world has access to it and will be challenged world-wide as a standard to be improved to the level of not only elevating patient safety and healthcare efficiency but making HAI free facilities the expected rather than the unheard of.

 Practical applications, our community hospital asked my wife and I to join a “Patient Partnership Council 2014”, one of the first tasks, review the patient handbook for opportunities for improvement, one option, direct patients via the “checklist” to the “Me and My Family” link on the CDPH HAI site:


 The video format, way off the chart and thank you for spending the money to give your project a solid chance, I am very impressed, my next project is to advocate for organized labor in California Healthcare facilities to adapt your website as a portal and training tool for increased workplace safety and an opportunity to increase healthcare efficiencies.  

 From what I have seen from the “front line” is that organized labor has done its job concerning the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, now it is time to make healthcare affordable and safe for  both patients and staff.  It will require just as much focus and passion but I am impressed with the professionals I have observed on the “front line” and the passion for the task at hand is impressive on many levels.

 The educated patient is becoming a reality, thank you California Department of Public Health!

Best regards,                                                            http://h-a-i-5.blogspot.com

 Michael H. Slavinski

    "If we can improve the quality of care, that will translate into lower cost," Anthem President Pam Kehaly said. "These are real dollars."

No comments:

Post a Comment